Weingut Jäger is a 5th generation estate located in the hamlet of Weissenkirsch in the southern Wachau. It is a tiny, five-hectare estate comprised of some of the best vineyard sites in this appellation, including Klaus and Achleiten. The trellised vineyards run steeply along the Wachau, following her contours and turning in the direction in which she runs.
The wines are usually fermented in stainless steel, except in the rare vintages where he has enough to fill an old large oak barrel.
Besides the fact that these wines are hallmark examples of the terroir in which they grow, they are less expensive than their more famous neighbors who produce wine in the same vineyards. Our only complaint is that there is never enough wine!
- 2015 Riesling Federspiel, Ried Steinriegl, Wachau
- 2012 Ried Achleiten Riesling Smaragd, Wachau
- 2013 Ried Achleiten Riesling Smaragd, Wachau
- 2015 Claus Grüner Veltliner Federspiel, Wachau
- 2015 Selection Grüner Veltliner Federspiel, Wachau
- 2013 Ried Achleiten Grüner Veltliner Smaragd, Wachau
- 2014 Ried Achleiten Grüner Veltliner Smaragd, Wachau