Matt Berson, the winemaker/owner of Love & Squalor, began working in the Oregon wine industry in 2003, after his previous glorious career in the restaurant industry came to an end. In 2007, Portland Wine Company released 65 cases of wine. Since then, the company has grown to a case production of over 1800 cases.
Love & Squalor was founded on the belief that wine needs to taste alive. The best way to ensure this is to let the grapes express themselves. As conditions in the volatile Pacific Northwest change with each harvest, Berson’s wines gracefully demonstrate the nuances of terroir each vintage. Berson strives to present those with a unique personality that embodies authenticity in each vibrant sip.
- 2012 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
- 2013 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
- 2011 Pinot Noir “Antsy Pants”, Willamette Valley
- 2013 Riesling, Willamette Valley
- 2011 Riesling “Antsy Pants”, Willamette Valley