Lieu Dit is a partnership of longtime friends Eric Railsback and Justin Willett. The two met in Santa Barbara while Eric was finishing college and Justin was just beginning his career in winemaking. The two were among a small group of young winemakers and restaurateurs in Santa Barbara unified by a common interest in wine and all its mysteries.
After countless bottles shared together and many trips to France, Railsback and Willett decided to found Lieu Dit in 2011 and focus it solely in the varieties indigenous to the Loire Valley, now grown in Santa Barbara County. The varied micro-climates and marine based soils of Santa Barbara County are ideally suited to this set of grapes. Lieu Dit centers on Sauvignon Blanc and more limited bottlings of Chenin Blanc, Cabernet Franc and Rose and produces around 2500 cases annually. Each vintage, the quest for purity, elegance, and balance in every wine is paramount.
Santa Barbara County, CA
Loire Valley Inspired wines driven by Santa Barbara Terroir
- 2015 Melon, Santa Maria
- 2015 Rose of Pinot Noir, Sta. Rita Hills
- 2014 Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Ynez Valley
- 2013 Sauvignon Blanc 'Grassini', Happy Canyon
- 2013 Sauvignon Blanc 'McGinley', Happy Canyon
- 2014 Chenin Blanc, Santa Ynez Valley
- 2013 Pinot Noir, Santa Ynez Valley
- 2013 Cabernet Franc, Santa Ynez Valley
- 2014 Malbec, Santa Ynez Valley